Thursday 17 October 2013

Vent,Let Go,Heal

I wanted to write about disappointment, I wanted to vent, this one gal who for now I got to see every day makes me feel like crying. Because I have looked for explanations as to why she ignores me I found none. This was the most serious, genuine, real, true friendship I have formed in the recent past. I am that introvert who makes few friends; a friendship means a lot to me ,when it ends it’s normally very devastating.
Looking for a way to get over it. I realized I needed first to vent, let it out and then let go and heal, and what better way than these quotes:

“Nobody likes being alone that much. I don't go out of my way to make friends, that's all. It just leads to disappointment. ” Haruki_Murakami

“It was one of those times you feel a sense of loss, even though you didn't have something in the first place. I guess that's what disappointment is- a sense of loss for something you never had.” 

“If you're betrayed, release disappointment at once. By that way, the bitterness has no time to take root.” Toba Beta, My Ancestor Was an Ancient Astronaut

“Disappointment is a sort of bankruptcy - the bankruptcy of a soul that expends too much in hope and expectation.” Eric Hoffer

“Joy is sometimes a blessing, but it is often a conquest. Our magic moment help us to change and sends us off in search of our dreams. Yes, we are going to suffer, we will have difficult times, and we will experience many disappointments — but all of this is transitory it leaves no permanent mark. And one day we will look back with pride and faith at the journey we have taken.”

“There are still many more days of failure ahead, whole seasons of failure, things will go terribly wrong, you will have huge disappointments, but you have to prepare for that, you have to expect it and be resolute and follow your own path.”  Anton Chekhov

“Let me tell you this: if you meet a loner, no matter what they tell you, it's not because they enjoy solitude. It's because they have tried to blend into the world before, and people continue to disappoint them.” 

“But there were worse things than disappointment, and I'd lived through several of them already.” 

“Disappointment to a noble soul is what cold water is to burning metal; it strengthens, tempers, intensifies, but never destroys it.” Eliza Tabor Stephenson

“We heal up through being loved, and through loving others. We don't heal by forming a secret society of one - by assessing about the only other 'one' we might admit, and being doomed to disappointment.”
Jeanette Winterson, Why Be Happy When You Could Be Normal?

“I think people would be happier if they admitted things more often. In a sense we are all prisoners of some memory, or fear, or disappointment - we are all defined by something we can’t change.”
Simon Van Booy, The Illusion of Separateness



No comments: